- September 15, 2015
- Posted by: HPI Admin
- Category: Power Ideas
Over the past several weeks, our Strategic Partner team has been writing about various workforce development topics (if you missed this series, write to Drea@Hpisolutions.com and she will get you copies!) and we hope that you have enjoyed and benefited by our efforts to keep you informed about how you can have the very best, most engaged workforce possible.
I want to come at this issue from a different perspective….What do people, especially the emerging generations want from us as employers:
- To be treated with respect.
- To be trusted.
- To feel in on things and be consulted about changes effecting their jobs.
- To be flexible with work schedules as busy working parents struggle to juggle work and home.
- To be held ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. This is important in order to instill a sense of responsibility in our team members.
- To expect them to contribute in big ways by helping them understand how they impact the bottom line.
- To provide them with the resources they need to get the job done.
- To build a sense of team that empowers everyone to collaborate at very high levels.
- To provide regular and meaningful evaluation of their efforts and results to allow for continual improvement.
- To provide them with a clear path for their careers and what they need to do to get to the next level.
This is a tall order, however, if you want an engaged team that views your organization as an employer of choice, it is imperative that you accomplish this checklist.
As for HPISolutions, we like to think that we are an employer of choice and are ready, willing and able to help you accomplish this effort for your organization. Your future depends on it.
Have a great week!
Need more information? Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 623-866-8200. We are ready to help!