- June 13, 2022
- Posted by: hpiadmin
- Categories: Leadership, Monday Message
Monday Message from Jerry Houston, President and CEO of HPISolutions
THE CRISIS OF LEADERSHIP; Ready or Not
Why on earth would I describe Leadership as a Crisis… just look at the facts.
- The number one reason that employees leave their jobs remains the way they are treated by their manager (be careful, it is certainly not the only reason).
- There is very little evidence that individuals who go into leadership roles are adequately prepared for the assignment.
- Leaders, and especially those in the middle, find themselves in a vacuum when it comes to adequate support and information from the top, and therefore are challenged to provide clear leadership to those who report to these mid-managers.
- Leaders do not have a clear view of the purpose of the organization, clarified values, and an understanding of the mission.
- Leaders are not well-equipped in leading teams, especially in the complicated post-pandemic era of work from home, hybrid, or in-office structures that they must now navigate.
I could continue, however, hopefully I have made my point. We as senior leaders must do a better job of mentoring and growing our professional managers. We must commit to continuous learning and development for our current managers and identifying and developing high-potential individuals who will be our future leaders.
On Wednesday, June 29 at 9:00 AM PDT, I will deliver some additional thoughts on this important topic in a live webinar. Click here to indicate your attendance at this important discussion. I promise it will be worth your time.
Have a Great Week!