Teams can develop synergy to produce a combined result greater than the sum of their separate efforts. Yet organizations often lack the insights in cultivating effective teams.
To understand Team Building it is critical not only to understand, but also to be proficient as a leader in recognizing human behavior. Once leaders understand human behavior, they must also be knowledgeable about the types of teams, team stages and development. All of this contributes to leadership’s understanding of what their teams specifically need, so the leaders can make informed decisions as they work to strengthen their teams.
Communication and dealing with conflict are two of the most important factors when dealing with a team. You may have to work with a team that has already been formed, or you may only have a limited number of people to choose from when putting a team together. Understanding how to develop your team and its members is what will determine your team’s success.
Successful leaders are able to put all of these factors together, then apply the techniques that foster synergy and cohesiveness of teams.
The following are content items that are included in the Team Development process:
- Building a Results-focused Team
- Characteristics of Team Development
- Conflict Resolution Skills (6 Steps to a Win-Win)
- Developing Team Techniques
- Different Types of Teams (Self-directed, Self-managed, etc.)
- Effective Communication Skills
- Formation and Life Cycles of Teams
- How to Develop a Virtual Team
- Effective Human Behavior in Teams
- Improving Team Performance
- Strengths and Developmental Needs of Team Members
- Identifying and Managing Stress in Teams
- Utilizing Assessment Tools – (Behaviors, Driving Forces, TriMetrix, Emotional Intelligence, Stress Quotient)
- Utilizing Decision Making Tools: Brainstorming, Nominal Group Technique, Consensus, etc.
Building an effective team in today’s workplace is critical as organizations are changing and many people are working in expanded roles. The more you understand yourself and others, the stronger the team.
We offer group learning sessions (live or virtually) for the following: Team Building, Understanding Self and Others, Emotional Intelligence, Stress Quotient, Motivation, Diversity, and more