- December 29, 2022
- Posted by: hpiadmin
- Categories: Culture, Entrepreneur, HPILI, Leadership, Leadership Institute, Power Ideas, Purpose
Power Idea from Jerry Houston, President and CEO of HPISolutions
2022 – In Like a LION and Out Like a LION?
What a crazy year in our business… perhaps you can say the same for your business. This special Power Idea is my chance to talk about the key points for HPISolutions in 2022, and take a brief look forward to 2023.
In 2022 we accomplished 90% of our goals and objectives for the year. While it was a pretty tough sales year, we accomplished a number of objectives that will propel us into 2023. Here are some highlights:
- Completed deep dive training for a number of our partners in a wide variety of assessment tools used by the organization.
- Completed deep dive training on our flagship Management Development Program, creating more highly trained facilitators than in the past.
- Developed an exciting new concept that will launch in the first quarter of 2023 – The HPI Leadership Institute, a place of higher learning for multiple levels of leadership, and to enable participants in the Leadership Institute to attain Certification in Professional Leadership credentials.
- Dramatically increased our social media presence.
- Acquired a new series of courses, many of which will be launched through the new HPI Leadership Institute. This activity greatly reduces the amount of curriculum development time that would otherwise be necessary.
- Our partner, Carol Burnett Vest, became fully certified in our suite of analytic assessments and is ready to add her significant knowledge and expertise to our team.
- Completed and implemented our Succession Strategy which begins January 1, 2023.
- Kathy Huska was appointed as Managing Partner and Board Director for all our businesses under the G.M. Houston, Inc. family.
- Our chairman received multiple lifetime achievement awards from the human development industry.
In 2023 we will see the accomplishment of many new goals and objectives set out during the Strategic Planning Sessions held in December of 2022. Included are:
- Launch the HPI Leadership Institute.
- Begin development of an Entrepreneurship Academy (under the HPI Leadership Institute umbrella).
- Begin the development of a Certified Coach Academy (under the HPI Leadership Institute umbrella).
- Continue to build our Alliance Partner Team, providing access to the very best talent in the human development industry.
- Our chairman will continue the writing of his second book, OOZIN’ BLUE, Unlocking the Power of Human Potential in Your Business with a goal for a late 2023 launch date.
- Implement the succession plan with Jerry Houston stepping into the role of Chairman, and stepping away from day-to-day management of the business. Kathy Huska assumes the leadership role of Managing Partner with oversight of the companies.
2023 will be another challenging year as businesses everywhere try to navigate the turbulent waters of the economy, continuing supply chain challenges, and scarcity in the employment market. We will continue to stand with our clients, assisting them to attract, retain, develop and grow a solid team of leaders and team members, allowing our clients to experience managed growth into the new year and beyond.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and a Prosperous 2023!