- December 14, 2020
- Posted by: hpiadmin
- Categories: Culture, Leadership, Teams, Virtual Teams
Does Your Company Value You?
I have some questions for my readers today regarding value:
- How do you know if you are valued at your company?
- How do you think you contribute to the success of your organization?
- If you do not feel valued, how does that impact your performance?
- How do you think your teammates would answer these questions?
Take some time to think about these questions and respond to them for yourself. If you do not feel valued what can you do about it (sulking and trash-talking are not good choices!)?
Of all of the things I am proud of at HPISolutions, it is that all of us value each other. We demonstrate this by:
- Making sure we acknowledge the accomplishments of others
- Ask for input on various projects and do our best to use the suggestions in our solutions
- Trust each other that they are bringing input with “best intent”
- Celebrate our successes together
- Share in our mistakes or losses together and learn from them
- Respect each other’s point of view, without recrimination
I could go on, but you get the idea. People have a great need to be a part of something that is important and they will contribute when they feel valued.
Have a Great Week!